Sunday 29 January 2012

Finally, a meaningful post where I don't rant negative things!

So since I'm really bored, I've decided to come up with a list of what is my top ten favourite lyrics and why. Everybody wants to know the why. Yes, yes you do.

Starting with 10! This is from the song My Immortal by Evanescence. "There's just too much that time cannot erase." These lyrics have helped me through rough patches in my early fandom, when I started to "go bad", as my mom would say. There's a lot of depth in these lyrics, because the emotional scars inflicted on me in my early fandom still remain. Only death, I fear, can take away these scars.

9! This is from Zero Percent by MCR. "Oh, my magazine is full of ugly things!" These pretty much defeated the purpose of magazine publishers publishing stereotypes in their material. Models in magazines are supposedly "beautiful", anorexic bitches. Since when did a skin-and-bone model become prettier and hotter than someone like Marilyn Monroe!? This really took the pressure off me to look REALLY skinny and so-called pretty.

8! From Sing, MCR. "Sing it for the deaf, sing it for the blind." This really evokes pity for the handicapped people, how they're not able to do things that most of us can do, for example, see where they're going. We should never ever look down on these people because you have absolutely no idea what they've gone through.

7! From NaNaNa, MCR. "Everybody wants to change the world, everybody wants to change the world but no one, no one wants to die" Of course it's true that no one wants to die! Even in your darkest of moments, there's always a glimmer of hope, giving what I call "Pandora's principle".

6! From The Kids From Yesterday, MCR. "You only hear the music when your heart begins to break." My heart, is broken. Nuff said.

5! From Our Lady of Sorrows, MCR. "Oh how wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying." Does it, my blog readers? Does it? Think about it.

4! From Summertime, MCR. "And carry all this broken bone, through the six years down in crowded rooms, and highways I called home." When we meet that one person that we truly love, and who truly loves us, they would help us, support us, even though we're so broken on the inside. Even though we may have run away, even though we lost everything we once had.

3! From Sing again. "Generation nothing. nothing but a dead scene, product of a white dream." Isn't everything around us so monochrome now? It's so black and white it nearly hurts. Most of us have lost our colours, our life, our vibrancy. We ARE, and becoming quickly, generation nothing, a product of a white dream.

2! From 21 guns, Green Day. "Does the pain weigh out the pride, and you look for a place to hide." We all have our egoes, and no matter how grand and furious they are, they are egoes after all, and will hurt our hearts once in a while.

Finally, 1! What, no drumroll? Whatever. From Welcome To The Black Parade, MCR. "And though you're dead and gone believe me, your memory will carry on." Those are the sweetest words I have ever heard a son say to his father.

No comments:

Post a Comment